Sunday, November 25, 2012

I Can't Believe...

Dear Diary,

I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone.
              But I am grateful for the leftovers so that I can make my Turkey Florentine recipe tonight.

I can't believe it is November 25th and I am panicked about running out of time to buy gifts (I guess the early Christmas - I mean, "holiday" - marketing is doing its job).
              But I am grateful I still have exactly one month to get the job done.

I can't believe Lee got up at 3 a.m. for his super duper Black Friday Deal.
              But I am grateful he let me sleep in and do my shopping at 10 a.m.

I can't believe my oldest is learning to drive.
              But I am grateful there were no tears for her first hands-on lesson with dad.

I can't believe how many school concerts I "get" to attend in the next two weeks.
              But I am grateful my kids love to perform.

I can't believe how low my bank account is right now.
              But I am grateful my husband has a job.
             
I can't believe I am actually going to see my siblings-in-law in a couple weeks.
              But I am grateful we are all looking forward to the meeting.

I can't believe I am a no-good-lousy-sinner.
              But I am grateful that while I am yet a sinner, Christ loves me enough to be born a man,
              die a criminal, and make me righteous in his sight.

This is the season of Believe
I just need to make sure I Believe in the right thing.
LJ

1 comment:

  1. So...here's the thing. I am just about DONE Christmas shopping, and I happen to adore shopping for other people. Should you like some company while shopping, let me know! :) And...I love going to concerts, especially the ILS ones...if you need any company I will happily tag along. :) I just feel so out of place showing up to those when my daughter isn't even a student there yet. :) Hope your Thanksgiving was awesome!

    ReplyDelete