Saturday, January 5, 2013

A New Day

Dear Diary,
Ahhh, the new year. A clean slate in the form of a crisp, new, freshly marked calendar hanging from my fridge.

I find it amazing the psychology that goes into the dawn of one day -- which is no different than any other day except the date assigned to it: January 1.  It is a day loaded with meaning and good intentions for the year ahead.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could assign that newness of January 1st to every day of the year?
The high hopes and expectations.
The vows to change our lives for the better.

Somehow it just doesn't work that way, especially come mid-January when we have already
failed our diets,
shirked our commitments,
and given excuses.

Well, I am glad I have this time to feel optimistic and hopeful, and even just a little bit in control of my destiny (ha!)

May 2013 be full of  "Happy New Days"!

LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment