Monday, September 24, 2012

Paralyzed with Freedom

Dear Diary,

It's Monday.  Time to start a new week.  The weekend schedule is over.  Concluded is the two-day volleyball tournament, two different church services for different family members, a lovely dinner party, and homework. 

Now the kids are off to school, and the hubby to work. I have 6 to 7 hours of "freedom."  Time alone before the 3:00 plan of action kicks in.  Just me and the dog. 

My mind is swirling. I have so much I want to do in addition to the so much I have to do.  How do I sort it out?  How do I prioritize?  How do I implement?

A list.  Yes, that's a good thing, a list.  Problem is right now I have several lists.  One is a Shopping List for the next errand run.  One is a more immediate Must-Do Soon...Today if Possible list.  I also have a Must-Do Later... Today if Possible list.  One is more of a Note to Self for those things I don't want to forget but which don't require an immediate action.  And that's not even counting the items scrawled on the daily calendar, or the chores that don't need a list, they so obviously need to be done.

Yes, I am a firm believer in The List.  I get much pleasure from crossing off a job, signaling a finished task, an accomplishment made. 

But this morning I am overwhelmed with the little things.  I am paralyzed with freedom.  I can choose this over that.  That over this.   Where do I start?  I guess I start with avoidance.  Hence this blog.

Happy Monday!
LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment